After weeks of testing, our latest build is live! Play with all the new shinies here: http://game.cardhunter.com. Following is a description of many the changes in this release, including a full list of card and item changes.
Mauve Manticore 5
A new module consisting of three player-created scenarios has been added. It unlocks after Goblins in the Woods, and two of the three scenarios use cool new game modes that have been just recently added to our scenario editor. We hope that these new modes create more possibilities for our players to craft challenging adventures! Submissions are always open.
We’re continuing to work on coop play, with the goal of bringing campaign coop to you someday soon. A lot of behind-the-scenes work brings us closer to this goal. In the meantime, the interface for joining teams has improved.
New Premade Party
The Stormbringers are in the Premade Party store now. Not only will this party be competitive in low to mid ranked play, but it carries several items that players will find useful in constructed leagues such as Wicked Waterways or Golden Shrine. Designed to give new players access to modes of play and types of cards that aren’t particularly easy to mass, most notably flight, this premade party is an exciting new addition to the family.
• All Assist cards that target can now self-target except Martyr Blessing. This includes most priest cards: heals, buffs, etc., as well as the new human Assist cards listed below.
• Frenzy X now grants a damage boost to non-melee attacks equal to X-1—so Unholy Frenzy will boost your melee cards by +2 and your magic cards by +1.
• Move cards with extra effects, like Violent Spin or Muscle Through, are now explicitly Unblockable to correct a discrepancy in the rules of when blocks trigger.
Modified Cards and Items
We spent close to a month testing a number of changes and additions to the cards and items available to players. Players who participated in our playtest earned a total of 3200 pizza by giving us feedback and helping us hone these changes. In general, our changes targeted making priests more interesting to play and easier to grok in the early campaign. Additionally, some effort went into making human and elf racial skills more competitive both in the campaign and in ranked play.
Here’s a list of all the changes (note: it’s long).
• Cleansing Presence no longer heals enemies.
• Healing Pulse no longer heals enemies; heal reduced to 2.
• Minor Heal range increased to 6.
• Demonic Feedback self-damage reduced to 4; range increased to 6.
• Inspiration range increased to 6.
• Touch of Pain renamed to Avenging Touch; no longer heals the caster.
• Unholy Wellspring now has Frenzy 4.
• Mass Frenzy now has Frenzy 2.
• Lateral Thinking now discards all Handicaps attached to the caster, then draws a card.
• Forward Thinking now a trait that increases maximum handsize.
• Battlefield Training now has range 6 and cantrip.
• Advanced Battlefield Training now has cantrip.
• Desperate Block now blocks any 6 damage or more on a 3+.
• Retreat now allows the caster to move as well.
• Jump Back, played as a Move card, now moves 2.
• Dodge now triggers on 5+. New card Skillful Dodge replaces Dodge for some monsters; it is functionally equivalent to the old Dodge.
• Weak Parry renamed to Subtle Parry.
• Freeze damage increased to 7.
• Winds Of War now pushes one target 3.
• Resistant Hide armor reduced to 4+ armor 1.
• Team Run renamed to Team Walk; moves caster and allies 2.
New Dwarf Skills
New Human Skills
Updated Divine Skills
• Unskilled Divine gets Righteous Frenzy to replace Wavering Faith.
Updated Divine Items, Weapons, and Armor
• Surestrike Blessing replaces all Wavering Faiths.
• Curse Of Fragility replaces all Bad Medicines.
• Armor Of Faith replaces all Bungled Heals.
• Healing Pulse replaces all Healing Presences and Healing Benedictions.
• Empty Pockets gets Minor Heal, Minor Heal, Armor Of Faith.
• Totem Of Totec, Eagle Bowl, Red Shaman’s Blade, Shadowleaf Maquah, Infernal Trinket, Beech Roots, Maple Roots get Avenging Touch instead of Healing Pulse.
• Flawed Relic gets one Avenging Touch to replace Healing Pulse.
• Uncertain Juju renamed to Fragile Juju
• Uncertain Healing Orb to Sure Healing Orb
• Armor of Doubt renamed to Armor Of Surety
Updated Elf Skills
• Perfect Insight now costs a minor token.
• Untrained Insight now Dodge, Scouting Run, Skip.
• Pacifist Trickery now Elven Trickery, Flanking Move, Fright.
• Novice Insight now Pathfinding, Scouting Run, Superstitious.
• Footwork now Quick Run, Escaping Run, Trip.
• Advanced Footwork now Violent Spin, Escaping Run, Smashing Spin.
• Perfect Footwork now Violent Spin, Escaping Run, Leap.
• Wild Trickery now Elven Trickery, Dangerous Maneuver, Wild Run.
• Wariness now Elvish Scamper, Scouting Run, Loner.
• Advanced Insight now Dodge, Violent Spin, Dangerous Maneuver.
• Trained Evasion now Violent Spin, Flanking Move, Flanking Move.
• Apprentice Insight now Dodge, Dodge, Scouting Run.
• Untrained Footwork now Escaping Run, Dangerous Maneuver, Skip.
• Cautious Trickery now Elven Trickery, Scouting Run, Shuffle.
• Novice Footwork now Escaping Run, Muscle Through, Vulnerable.
• Practiced Scouting now Pathfinding, Violent Spin, Smashing Spin.
• Superb Insight now Dodge, Elvish Insight, Scouting Run.
• Advanced Evasion now Slippery, Elvish Scamper, Skip.
• Cautious Mobility now Elven Maneuvers, Elven Maneuvers, Scouting Run.
• Frightened Scouting now Pathfinding, Elvish Scamper, Fright.
• Healthy Caution now Healing Dash, Scouting Run, Scouting Run.
• Nimble Scouting now Pathfinding, Elvish Scamper, Dropped Guard.
• Salubrious Mobility now Healing Dash, Elven Maneuvers, Skip.
• Trained Footwork now Muscle Through, Jump Back, Skip.
• Trained Insight now Pathfinding, Smashing Spin, Scouting Run.
• Wariness now Healing Dash, Scouting Run, Skip.
• Apprentice Evasion now Smashing Spin, Smashing Spin, Skip.
• Apprentice Footwork now Quick Run, Smashing Spin, Obvious Maneuver.
• Escapist now Slippery, Elvish Insight, Skip.
• Fast Mobility now Elven Maneuvers, Smashing Spin, Smashing Spin.
• Insight now Elvish Insight, Elvish Insight, Skip.
• Perfect Evasion now Slippery, Elvish Scamper, Smashing Spin.
• Untrained Evasion now Slippery, Skip, Superstitious.
Updated Human Skills
• Inspired Command now costs a minor token.
• Attack, Soldier! replaces all Walks.
• Block, Soldier! replaces all Cautious Sneaks.
• Wimpy replaces all Shuffles.
• Beginner Command now Block, Soldier!, Block, Soldier!, Attack, Soldier!.
• Superb Command gets Block, Soldier! instead of Shuffle, Team!.
• Thoughtful Command gets Attack, Soldier! instead of Unreliable Block.
That’s it for now! We’re excited to see how the environment and metagame develop in the coming weeks. We hope you enjoy the new content!